New Patient Information Form – It will be helpful to us if you can print and complete this form and bring it with you on the day of your appointment.
- Practice Hours (by appointment)
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 08.45am – 5.30pm
Tuesday 08.45am – 7.00pm
Thursday 08.30am – 5.00pm
Saturdays 08.30am – 11.30am (subject to change)
Closed Public Holiday Weekends.
Please ring 8278 8900 for an appointment or book online.
Emergencies will always be given priority and our reception staff will attempt to contact you if there is any unforeseen delay or your doctor has been called away. If the matter is urgent please inform our reception staff .
Consultations are booked at 15 minute intervals. Longer consultation times are available, so please ask our receptionist if you require some extra time. Some examples of a longer consultation time may be having more than one problem to discuss with the doctor, insurance or employment medicals, cervical smear, first antenatal visit, postnatal 6 week checks.
You can go online to www.hotdoc.com.au or www.belairfamilyhealthcentre.com.au and book through our website.
- Account Information
Fees charged can vary depending on the length and complexity of a consultation at the discretion of the individual doctor.
Payment of fees in full is expected on the day of consultation. We have facilities available for immediate Electronic Medicare Rebates. (Easyclaim)
- Fees and Medicare Rebates
LEVEL A Very Brief Consult $39.50 Rebate $17.50
LEVEL B Standard Consult (up to 19 minutes) $75.90 Rebate $38.20
LEVEL C Long Consult (20-40 minutes) $111.65 Rebate $73.95
LEVEL D Prolonged Consult (40+ minutes) $146.55 Rebate $108.85
Pensioners, Health Care Cardholders and Children under 16 are generally Bulk Billed. Commonwealth Seniors Health Cards will generally be charged a gap fee at a concessional rate of $22 Monday to Friday.
No bulk billing will apply to Saturday morning appointments for all including concession card holders and children under 16.
Procedures performed in this practice such as ECG, stitches(Suturing),some dressings etc., attract separate fees, please enquire at reception.
- Late cancellations or non-attendance
We appreciate patients telephoning as early as possible if they need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. A fee may be charged for non-attendance or a late cancellation if inadequate (less than 2 hours) notice is given.
- Home visits
Are available for regular patients whose condition prevent them from attending the surgery who live close by. However, generally medical and surgical problems are better treated using the clinic facilities and each request will be assessed by the Doctor. We also visit local hostels and nursing homes.
- After hours and weekend care
The practice provides after hours medical service via National Home Doctor service on 137425 or Family Home Doctors on 1300 695 628. A record of the after-hours consultation will be sent to the surgery. Alternatively you can attend a Public Hospital or visit one of the private emergency services at Wakefield or Ashford Hospitals.
- Telephone and email access
The Doctor may be contacted during normal surgery hours. If the Doctor is busy or with a patient, a message will be taken and the Receptionist will advise you when it is likely that the Doctor will return your call. Your call will be put through to the Doctor or Nurse in an emergency and calls will be screened by the Receptionist, who will ask you some questions. The Practice does not encourage emails containing personal or clinical information.
- Specialist referrals
Medicare does not allow Specialist referrals to be made after you have seen a specialist. You must see your doctor prior to your specialist appointment to arrange a referral.
- Patient test results
If your Doctor has ordered a test it is important that you make an appointment with the Doctor to discuss your results. To protect your privacy it is not appropriate for our reception staff to explain results over the phone. Your Doctor will advise you if it is appropriate for you to phone the Nurse for your result. Please ensure that all your contact details are up to date as we may need to contact you if your result is abnormal.
- Management of your personal health information
- Smoking policy
This practice has a no smoking policy.
- Privacy Notice for Patients
Your Personal Health Information and your Medical Record
We require your consent to collect personal information about you and to use the information you provide in the following ways.
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your healthcare including treating doctors and specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur though referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following referrals.
- Disclosure to other doctors in the practice, locums etc. attached to the practice for the purpose of patient care and teaching.
- For research and quality assurance activities such as acreditation to improve individual and community health care and practice management. Usually information that does not identify you is used but should information that will identify you be required you will be informed and given the opportunity to “opt out” of any involvement.
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements e.g. notifiable diseases.
- For follow up reminder/ recall notices and letters which may be sent to you regarding your health care and management.
- For State reminder systems and registers, (eg cervical screening, immunisation data)
- For legal related disclosure as required by a court of law (e.g. Subpoena,court orders)
If you have any concerns or wish to restrict access to your personal health information please discuss these with your doctor or receptionist. This practice adheres to the principles of the RACGP Guidelines.
You can decline to have your health information used in all or some of the ways outlined above but it may influence our ability to manage your health care to provide the best outcome for you.