Due to the current COVID -19 situation, Belair Family Health Centre has had to change some procedures to protect staff and patients.
To minimise infection risks, we ask that only the patient attend the practice for their appointment. Other family members or friends should remain at home wherever possible, please advise us if another family member is needed to be in attendance.
We have temporarily ceased online bookings. Please call our friendly reception team on 8278 8900 to arrange an appointment.
If you are worried, but not unwell,
please call the National COVID-19 line on
1800 020 080
If you are severely unwell, call 000 for an ambulance, or call your local emergency department before attending there.
If you are unwell with respiratory symptoms (Cough, Sore throat or shortness of breath) or have a fever.
- DO NOT visit your GP or Pharmacy
- If you have mild symptoms stay at home until you are well, do not go to school, supermarket or work.
- If you are unwell and high risk (close contact of a confirmed COVID -19 case or a returned international traveller in the previous 14 days) OR have symptoms and work in a high risk occupation (Aged care, Healthcare) you can attend COVID -19 clinics at the Royal Adelaide Hospital (open 7 days 9am – 8pm), Flinders Medical Centre (open 7 days 10am- 8pm), Lyell McEwin Hospital or the Womens and Childrens Hospital. Isolate at home until you have received your results.
- Other people with Respiratory Symptoms (cough, sore throat or shortness of breath) or have a fever may NOT be able to be seen here in the clinic. Please phone the surgery to discuss your needs.
- A drive through centre at the Repat Hospital requires a referral for appropriate cases, we may be able to provide this by telephone.
- We are offering telephone consultations with a booked time with our GPs. You will be assessed as best as possible recognising the limitations of a telephone service.
This service will be bulk billed for patients who qualify under the following medicare eligibilty.
a. has been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus but who is not a patient of a hospital; or
b. has been required to isolate themselves in quarantine in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by Australian Health Protection Principal Committee; or
c. (considered more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus being:
i. (at least 70 years old, or
ii. at least 50 years old or over if of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; or
iii. pregnant; or
iv. a parent of a child under 12 months; or
v. a person under treatment for chronic health conditions or who are immune compromised.
You must have seen one of our Doctors in the last 12 months.
For those that do not qualify for a medicare rebate a $45 private fee will apply.
Thank you for your understanding and we are doing our best to provide the safest and most accessible care possible in the current unprecedented situation.